Sunday, September 30, 2012

And the winner is... CHOCOLATE!

A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to work at the Twilight Stitchers' Quilt Show in Blue Springs, Missouri. I even had time to make a few laps and check out all of the quilt yumminess. Here are a few of my favorites:




Called "A Walk in the Jungle" -- loved the giraffe in the blue pumps!






After I got home, I got a call saying I had won a door prize! Thank you, Twilight Stitchers, for this amazing basket of goodies!


Inside I found two ruler racks (one large and one small), a cute little square ruler, a table runner pattern, a box of chocolates (the good kind), and CHOCOLATE fabric! Who knew?! There was two yards of the cutest chocolate fabric with two coordinating fat quarters. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the fabric yet, but it will be something yummy!
 

After I had carefully removed the three pieces containing caramel and nuts from the box of chocolates (I had to protect my assets), I told my boys I had won some chocolate! 

I handed them the chocolate fabric and told them they could have as much as they wanted! (I'm generous that way.)


They didn't quite see the humor in it that I did. So eventually I got the box out. They were pretty excited about this development. Nick was sure these were meant to be shared by the whole family!

Now keep in mind, these two are not usually willing participants when it comes to quilt shows or fabric shopping expeditions. So when I announced that the chocolates were only for quilt lovers, they seemed very disappointed and downright put out at the injustices of the quilt world.


But Mom has a heart and an answer for everything. Anyone who could proclaim their love of quilts would be rewarded with chocolate! And let me tell you, there was a lot of quilt lovin' for the next few hours. My chocolate loving husband even arrived home from work proclaiming his love of quilts before he even made it through the door!

What could be better than quilt love and chocolate?!

2 comments:

  1. LMBO!!!! That is sooo funny! I would try to pull the same stunt. Nobody in my family seems to be as obsessed about quilts as me, and I will try stuff like this to get them to admit that quilts are kinda cool after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always do what I can to mess with their heads! Plus, I have to show interest in video games and monster trucks, so it's only fair!

      Delete