Sunday, August 12, 2012

Over the hump!

Up until now, I have been doing a little longarming on practice panels and scrap fabric, but with a little coaxing from my quilting buddies, I finally got the nerve to put a "real" quilt on the frame and just go for it! So I guess it is official, I have my first paying customer! WooHoo! (Even if it is my mother.)

This cute as a bug ladybug quilt was pieced by Diana (Hi, Mom!), and the pattern is a disappearing nine patch. I used a variegated turquoise thread in the turquoise and purple fabrics and a light yellow in the yellow fabric.

In the narrow border I wrote, "ladybug, ladybug, fly away home."
Here is the view from the back.

Don't look too close at my wobbles and jitters. And I want to say a big thank you to the South Mini Group girls who helped me pick out thread colors and pushed me out of my comfort zone!

No looking back now, I already have quilt number two loaded and in progress!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That's all I can say about that. WOW!!!!! This is amazing work, Tina! Did you buy a longarm yet? Or are you renting? If you bought one, what kind did you get? This all looks like it's freehand. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ida! No machine yet. I'm using the ones at Lyn's shop. And yes, all freehand.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for dropping by.

    What an adorable quilt - beautiful quilting.

    ReplyDelete