Thursday, June 21, 2012

Trunk show with Sheryl Schleicher


Today my longarm quilting guild had a trunk show by quilter Sheryl Schleicher (in the green and black). She shared with us some really great quilts and her techniques for straight line quilting. She spent years as an engineer before becoming a quilter, and drafting and quilting geometric shapes was what came naturally to her.






It was interesting to see how others approach quilting, especially when it is so different from what you are used to. She showed several that had text incorporated into the design which were very striking.


The more I see these modern quilts, the more I like them. I may have to add these to my "someday projects" list.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Anonymous Spam Commenter,

    You keep attempting to post comments to my site (which I have viewed and deemed inappropriate) and asking for blogging advice. My advice is to move on. Your content will never be posted here and will be promptly removed.

    ReplyDelete